A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Sunday 19 October 2014

Violet Vintage

Hey lovely peeps!! I hope you are all keeping well and happy!

I can't believe it's been almost two months since I created a blog post!! I've taken some time out from DT work for now as, apart from working and spending quality time with my beautiful family, I'm in the process of planning a wedding!! Yep!! MY WEDDING!!  Eeeek!! Oh, and obviously it's my fiance's wedding too LOL.  

A couple of weeks back, I got an amazing bargain on some Distress Re-Inkers!  I didn't want to let this bargain slip by and so went in, full throttle, and bought them.  Bear in mind I've never used them in my entire life, but was desperate to have a play.  I'm so pleased I took the plunge as I'm absolutely loving them!  I have so much to learn, but, I'm being extremely patient with myself and having a little go every now and then when I get the chance.

The card I'm showing today is the very first one I created using an image coloured up with my new inks!  My previous attempts of colouring ended up in the bin!!! Heehee!  I played it safe and made this one for my eldest daughter's 28th birthday. Yep!!  She's 28 but she'll always be my 'little princess' .....

Here's my little version of the very beautiful Violet Vintage
I absolutely love Saturated Canary images and this beauty is no exception!


I decided to go with the Shabby Chic effect and am hoping that's how this card comes across ...... and not just plain Shabby LOL!

My papers are from Lili of the Valley called Country Lady, which I distressed.  The flowers are a mixture from Wild Orchid CraftsThe Ribbon Girl and Live & Love Crafts.  The pearls are from The Hobby House and the little rolled flowers I made myself.  The twine borders are from The Range - another little bargain I got :), and the little charm was from my stash, which I coloured up with a Copic pen.



  And there you have it ..... lots of practice is still needed to get to where I want to be with these inks, but I'm pretty pleased with the overall outcome at the moment.

I'd like to enter into the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - #216 Happy Birthday
Crafting Musketeers - #18 Autumn Colours
Divas by Design - Texture
MilkCoffee Challenge - Lots of Layers
Ppinkydolls Challenge - Anything Goes or Fall Colours Top 3
Scribble and Scrap - #29 Anything Goes

Thanks so much for popping by today!
Big hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. I also adore Saturated Canary images and this is such a great one! I love what you have done with her. All those flowers are just gorgeous. Great card, fab colors! Thank you so much for playing along at Ppinkydolls. I hope you join us for our next challenge! ~ Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...a little bit shabby but a LOT of chic! Absolutely stunning...fab colours, fab embellies, fab image and (as always) incredible colouring! It really is a very beautiful card. Lovely to see you back on the scene...but a bit jel of your distress ink colouring! I want a go but I've not found time yet. Need to try and fix that this week...or next...

    And I don't believe you have a 28 year old daughter! You must have only been about 2 when you had her! Even more well jel now! Lol.

    It really is good to have you back on the scene...keep them coming whenever you can fit them in.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tracey lovely to see you back again!! You have done an amazing job of the DI colouring!! I am going to try it soon. The design is beautiful and I bet your daughter treasured it!!
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's definitely lots of texture on your card. Lovely image. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Justyna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, love it! fabulous textures just perfect for our challenge over at Divas thanks for joining us :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love all of the layers here and what a beautiful job coloring the image! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
    Tina - DT
    4 Crafty Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card , I love it , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card Tracey, your colouring is amazing. I love all your embellishments and layers too.
    Huge congratulations on your up coming wedding, I'm delighted for you.
    And thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx