A big welcome to all of my lovely followers and visitors to my little space in the crafting world of blogland! I love colouring, drool over every embellishment and love to 'look' at papers (never mind using them) - some are just TOO good to use lol. I hope you enjoy your little wander through my creative world and would love to feel that I may have inspired some of you in some small way. Happy Crafting to you all and I hope you will stop by again soon!

Wednesday 10 October 2012

Sisterly Love

Hi ladies, today I thought I would share a card I have made from my little boy (who is 6 years old) to give to his sister (who is 26 years old today).  I cannot believe I had my gorgeous girl 26 whole years ago ..... how quickly time flies!! I am as proud of her today as I was the day she was born and she has blossomed into the most beautiful, caring and most loyal woman you could ever wish to meet and, boy oh boy, her little brother absolutely means the world to her! No sibling rivalry here at all ...... I guess that may have something to do with the 20 year age gap hehe ;)

When I saw this image from Redonkadoodles I knew it would make the perfect card from a little bro to his big sis!  The image is called 'Mother and Son' but, of course, can be used in a variety of ways and I chose this one :D


I have coloured their hair in Copics - I so need to get me some more colours in these fab pens!!... and the remainder I coloured in my trusty Promarkers.  The beautiful papers I got from Lili of the Valley and they are called 'Promises'.  They are so beautiful that I just HAD to add them to the forefront via paper piecing as well as in the background! The flourishes were cut from my Spellbinders flourishes set and the beautiful flowers, yet again, are from WOC.  I added a variation of ribbon behind the image and popped a tulle bow at the side to add more texture.


I made up a little sentiment from my PC, added some flat backed gems and, voila!!! All done and ready to give .... well, after little one finished writing his own birthday message inside it (which usually also involves a couple of hand-drawn love hearts, flowers and a mountain of kisses) hehehe! :)

Big hugs to all,
xxx

1 comment:

  1. You are too beautiful to be a mother of a 26 year old!!! Wish I had my kids when I was younger, but can't imagine how hard that would've been! You are so lucky to enjoy the generations! This is such a beautiful card and I am thrilled that you were able to use it as a sister and brother birthday card. ♥hugs♥
    RedonkulousDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Hugs xx